Roll d6, choose (un)life.
- Hideous fungoid growth on the underside of that rock is a basketball-sized town; PCs able to shrink down to flea-size will find a large population of tiny sporemen, some of whom speak Common, a handful of whom command mutagenic magic.
- Three mad flumphs collectively hallucinate a storyworld based on mental images stolen from nearby creatures’ minds. Their vivid, detailed recall is matched by total untrustworthiness, an inability to tell dream from waking, and a tiresome preoccupation with Rules As Written.
- Pour a cup of blood (no less no more) into this hollowed-out mindflayer skull and images will for a moment flicker within: memories of the creature(s) whose blood it is. The beast that hollowed out the skull has not gone far.
- Dotty local hedge wizardess managed a single successful, unintentional, permanent astral projection, which wanders the dungeon trying to reenter its old body. But any body will do, really.
- Gibbering half-embalmed poet seeks solution to problem of magical immortality.
- Telepathic sentient spellbook will happily share its contents in exchange for escape from the cannibal sorcerer on whose bookshelf it is now imprisoned.